Believing:Staying connected with God from the inside out


Believing: Staying connected with God from the inside out

Written by Life Coach Nafije Prishtina
 Edited by Career Coach Kathy Shabotynskyj


“When we live in peace from inside we have the power to transmit that positive energy that resides in us outwards; our energy and our positive actions affect our internal /external environment and will contribute to BRING MORE WORLD PEACE!” Nafije Prishtina

Some things in life we just can't buy; the feeling of peace is free and it is within ourselves; all we need to access peace is to take our time and reflect on our beliefs. Ask yourself if you truly believe that you are connected with something greater than you!

No matter how strong our faith in God, it can fluctuate.  Some days our faith is stronger and some days it is weaker. And the process of keeping our faith in God “as if you were to see God” is the real adventure in life. Let’s remember that even if you were the Pope or the Buddha, most likely you will be experiencing some internal anxiety due to life circumstances at home or at work. Sometimes all it takes to get us off balance is a news clip with  the latest developments in the political stage and there...just like that your mind will create anxiety and wonder about the future of our country and/or the world!

There are so many more reasons that prevent us to not feel the peace that we crave. Daily we have so many obligations and responsibilities, but when we stay connected with God in faith, we can better manage ourselves in all life circumstances.

Here are some ideas to help you acknowledge your greatness and help strengthen your faith by staying connected with God at a deeper level. Try this to start living the life you want to live --finding your self-worth and enjoying more of life’s peace and beauty.

Start by acknowledging your worthiness: See yourself with the eyes of God and remember YOU ARE GOD'S PERFECT MASTERPIECE. YOU ARE PERFECT JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!
Repeat these mantras daily:
          MY PRESENCE HERE ON EARTH IS OF SIGNIFICANT IMPORTANCE
          MY BREATH IS CRUCIAL FOR THE PLANET EARTH AND ALL THE CREATURES
          MY ENERGY & POSITIVE  ACTIONS ARE NECESSARY FOR THE WORLD TO GO AROUND
          "I AM A SPIRITUAL BEING HAVING A HUMAN EXPERIENCE"
          GOD IS MY PROTECTOR AND PROVIDER, MY GUIDANCE, MY SHADE AND MY LIGHT. 
Hang in there, take care of yourself, keep breathing, keep working, keep living, and keep sharing your love. Stay connected with God and be grateful. You will be rewarded for your efforts...in this life and the hereafter.
This is how I stay connected with God:
  1. I read and reflect on spiritual teachers and prophets. 
  2. I reflect on my early life lessons that my parents taught me about God/life.
  3. I meditate and pray with the words of God. I pray for peace and health.
  4. I surround myself with good people and listen to their wisdom.
  5. I volunteer for good causes and help out those in need.
  6. I spend time in nature and enjoy the gifts of life.
  7. I listen with my heart and contribute my energy to taking are of myself, my family and whomever God brings into my life.

Finding refuge and solitude inside ourselves is a rewarding task in life and yes it requires some work. The effort is a pleasing task, because it allows us to deepen our understanding of the meaning of life itself. It helps us with the ups and downs of life and it makes us more resilient when there is strife.

A rigorous ethnic cleansing campaign in my family’s home of Kosovo catapulted me into the status of war refugee, a young adult without a country at 20 years old. Leaving my home, getting smuggled out of the country and living in a refugee camp was one of the greatest tests of my faith. I never gave up and didn’t even have a practice at that time to honor and stay connected to God. This task of faith and staying connected with God, didn’t come naturally for me. Today, I know for a fact that creating a purposeful practice of connecting with God has nurtured my heart and brought me peace.

Your challenges may be as big as the ones I have experienced.  If you need help in life, you can start by acknowledging your greatness and strengthen your faith by staying connected with God at a deeper level.

For more info about my life journey to peace: read my story from war to peace.

Prishtina, N. (2019), "From War to Peace: Loved Back to Life!", Conflict and Forced Migration (Studies in Symbolic Interaction, Vol. 51), Emerald Publishing Limited, pp. 129-155.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Good Life

How’s Your Communication Style Serving YOU?

Shine Bright in 2024 with 4S: A Practical Guide to Goal Setting and Success