Be the Hero in your life!


“Set your ambitions, even if you are uncertain about what they should be. The better ambitions have to do with the development of character and ability, rather than status and power. Status you can lose. You carry character with you wherever you go.- Dr. Jordan Peterson

 

When you watch a movie, do you get touched by inspiring stories of people who have high ambitions and do great things? I do. I love the feeling and the determination of the hero’s character who strive to save lives, forgiving, recovering, and transforming their lives and those around for good.

 

That is the feeling that I also get from my coaching clients. A strong sense of determination is a common trait found among my clients. It is so admirable and predictable that when the person defines what they want, they do whatever it takes to make their dreams come true. Some individuals are not as clear about what they want, so they employ a Coach to assist in defining their goals or help with focus, accountability, and time management. Coaches also add value by virtue of their business and life experiences as well as their network of contacts.

 

Most successful clients are the ones that take full responsibility for their stories. They are honest about both their goals and the obstacles in the way. They are the ones who resolve their challenges and stay on their path to a successful life.

 

Dr. Peterson encourages us via the quote above, to set high ambitions and strengthen our abilities and further develop our character. There’s so much more that we can all learn and do to continuously improve on the current version of ourselves.  

 

How can you do that?

Sometimes, all it takes is a self-declaration. For example, say “I am a shining star; I choose to shine.”

That is exactly how I decided to be a hero in my life’s story. I made a self-declaration to shine fully in my life, despite my life challenges.

 

You must just take that one step forward and fix what’s not working in your life! Like a Hero, you don’t stop and let life challenges keep you down. You accept the challenges and rise above, as many times as you need to.

 

Many times, my clients told me they wished they’d had the 4S formula all their lives. I tell them, I wished that too, and tell them that I created the 4S time/stress management system because I needed it for myself to control the chaos in my life.

 

I always had big dreams in my life but honestly, I didn’t know how to plan and prioritize very well. I felt like I could only focus on one goal at a time and when I tried to take on too many projects, I was doomed to get frustrated with my own results.

 

My inability to stay focused and organized caused me a lot of stress and anxiety ever since I was in high school and it lasted for a long time. Even though I did exceptionally well and earned good grades, my finals led to tension headaches, and that led to migraine headaches. Eventually, I was able to see how my habits of work were not as productive, so I had to create a new way to support my life goals. I started taking self-management more seriously when my life became super busy, and I had to learn to become a mindful leader, wife, and mom. I wanted to change the story from victim to hero. I am a hero, for my kids, to my husband, and my circle, and that is the journey that I intend to travel, moving forward.

 

What do you want your 2022 story to be?

What is your vision for this year?

What habits or thoughts do you want to keep and what do you want to change?

What action steps do you have in place to change your habits?

 

 

Sign up for 4s online course to help you learn a formula for success. Learn how to become a hero, manage your time and stress to ensure that you make your story in life a successful one. https://nafije-s-school.thinkific.com

Contact us for a complimentary coaching session: Click the link below.

https://www.shiningstarsconnect.com/bookings-checkout/15-minute-on-the-spot-strategy-coaching/book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Good Life

How’s Your Communication Style Serving YOU?

Shine Bright in 2024 with 4S: A Practical Guide to Goal Setting and Success