Are you Living your Desired Life?



“You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will.
As your will is, so is your deed.” ― Brihadaranyaka Upanishad

I hope you enjoyed summer and got to do some things that made your heart sing. Personally I love summer and specifically I love summer vacations. For me the summer season overall brings happy childhood memories of me spending lots of quality time with my family, visiting my grandma and uncles in a village surrounded by tall trees and small fields and streams, eating corn on the cob, cherry picking and other farm fresh and homemade foods. My memories also include a lot of play time and just enjoying being there….in the moment not worrying about anything.

It has been my deepest desire to always enjoy living in the here and now. This desire of living in the present, enjoying my task at hand didn’t always come natural for me, but I find ways to align myself and remind myself of what’s most important to me. I really love living my life from the inside out; doing what I love ...learning, working and sharing my time with my loved ones. This desire to share myself with others grew even bigger for me when I found my soul mate and became a mother.  I love spending quality time with family, making memories, cooking, swimming, and traveling. Due to my deep-rooted desires I became very conscious about time management.  It is the reason why I am very careful with how I organize my time each day while I work, and what I do after work when my kids are at home from school.

It is very important for us to listen to our heart and live the life we desire because our desires will determine our priorities in each and every day, also our priorities in life will shape our choices and our choices will determine our daily actions. There are benefits and consequences for our actions and we have to be honest with ourselves about why we do what we do. For example, my desire to keep a balance in my home life and be there for/with my family (talking long summer vacations) has motivated me to start my own business and allowed me the freedom to work from home. I’m flexible with how much I want to work and when. Working for myself is a rewarding opportunity but it brings its own challenges as well. Sometimes I miss working in a team and having someone to support me, encourage me and pay me an expected salary each week.   My biggest challenge has been keeping a consistent sales base and as a result again and again I have had to re-evaluate my pros and con’s for my business against my goals and desires for my life.
What has helped me stay productive and in this balanced path has been my trust in myself and my priorities in life. I understand that my goals are my deep desires-they motivate me to work and live a meaningful life no matter the challenges.

In America, we have the freedom of choice, with so many options and choices we have there’s really no excuse for us not to live at our highest potential.  Many of us will get a little impatient with our progress and make excuses about why we are not where we thought we should be. When we doubt our deep desire, our will for life is not as strong, therefore we become less productive and maybe we start doubting our abilities and stop striving to better ourselves. We may even postpone working on our tasks at hand which are crucial to bringing us closer to our desired life outcomes.

I strongly agree with the above quote reminding us that -As our desire is, so is our will. As our will is, so is our deed.” This quotation has so much wisdom wrapped all around and if we trust ourselves, own our desire and pursue wholeheartedly that which satisfies our soul we can attract everything we desire. And there’s nothing, nothing that both you and I can’t accomplish. God is the hearer of our intentions and God will grant you what your heart desires. Now, as you go about fulfilling your hearts desires - keep in mind these concepts:
  • Remember that our Good wishes are God’s Command: He created us with certain desires and our goal is to live from that deeper place and strive for the life we desire without any doubts.
  • Believe in yourself and keep your will forward; remember the verse “where’s there’s a will there’s a way.”
  • Be patient with your progress and results towards achieving your goals.
  • Be grateful for all the things you have and all of those you don't have YET.
  • Surround yourself with positive people who lift you up. If they could do it, you will too.
  • Share your blessings with others. You will be rewarded for your contribution in ways you can’t even expect.
  • Choose to shine from the inside out. Live your desired life …each and every day.

Contact us for a complimentary 15 minute coaching and tell us about your burning desires and what you choose to do next to make the progress you desire?
        Nafije: www.shiningstarsconnect.com  or Kathy: Kathy@mycareerteam.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Good Life

Shine Bright in 2024 with 4S: A Practical Guide to Goal Setting and Success

How’s Your Communication Style Serving YOU?